Call for papers
for the issue celebrating
the bicentennial of the University of Warsaw,
to be published in Autumn 2016
Acta Philologica is a peer-reviewed academic journal of the University of Warsaw, which for the last 47 years has published scholarship in the fields of linguistics as well as cultural and literary studies. It is indexed by the CEJSH (Central European Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities), Academica, and Index Copernicus.
We accept manuscripts in English, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, and Spanish.
Submission guidelines for authors
- Manuscripts should be submitted by January 31, 2016.
- Manuscripts cannot duplicate authors’ published work or be currently under the process of consideration in another journal.
- Submissions should be e-mailed as attachments in .doc or .docx format. They should be named with the name of the author. Authors should remove all other personal data from the file itself.
- The length of manuscripts should not exceed 15 standard double-spaced pages (6,000 words).
- Authors should also submit an abstract in English and in the language of the article, outlining the main arguments and conclusions, as well as 5–8 key words. These should precede the main text of the article.
- Manuscripts in cultural and literary studies should follow the MLA style. Detailed guidelines for authors are available at http: //acta.neofilologia.uw.edu.pl/index.php/dla-autorow/wskazowki-dla-autorow/cultural-and-literary-studies-submission-guidelines.
- Manuscripts in linguistics should follow the APA style. Detailed guidelines for authors are available at http://acta.neofilologia.uw.edu.pl/index.php/dla-autorow/wskazowki-dla-autorow/linguistics.